Like you, we’ve been monitoring the latest news about COVID-19. We wanted to let you know we’re doing all we can to keep our operations running, supply you with products and support, do our part in this crisis, and keep our staff safe.
Carehawk is an essential business and remains operational. Life safety communications are especially necessary in a crisis. There’s no clearer an example than the installation of our Dukane HC7000 nurse call system in the improvised COVID-19 Intensive Care Unit in Hotel Dieu Quebec, in Quebec City. Under extremely challenging circumstances our partner J. Belanger Intercom of Quebec delivered and installed the system in just 3 days; in advance of the anticipated wave of new COVID-19 cases. Thank you, J. Belanger Intercom and all our partners doing your part for your communities and frontline healthcare workers. Your work is making a difference.
While we remain open and delivering products, the supply of raw materials is challenging during these uncertain times. Our lead times remain the same, however, we’re monitoring the situation constantly and will inform you if there are any changes.
We want to take a moment to highlight the things CareHawk has put in place to help prevent the spread of the virus within our workplace:
- Instructions for proper handwashing and when it’s required
- COVID-19 information posted in the lunchroom
- Live COVID-19 news feed in the lunchroom
- Purell hand sanitizers at the front and rear doors and in the lunchroom
- The removal of community dishes, cups and cutlery
- A hiatus on community treats and CareHawk provided coffee
- Restrictions on visitors
- Mandatory reporting of any positive cases that an employee has been in contact with
- Divulging of recent, current or future travel
- Social distancing in the lunchroom, meetings, etc.
- Staggered lunches to accommodate social distancing
- Restricted entry to the production area for non-Production staff
- Precautions for warehouse staff when opening parcels and handling signage with couriers
- Scheduled disinfection of common areas in the front, back, and lunchroom
We continue to monitor recommendations from the federal and local governments and health organizations so we remain up-to-date on the latest information and safety protocols.
These are challenging and uncertain times, but we feel confident that as a company and community, we can get through this together.